I bought clear plastic ornaments at Walmart back in November...before they sold out completely. I had other intentions for them, but I like this idea way better. I filled each one with fake snow. That took a while because the snow isn't heavy enough to fall into the ornament. It literally has to be pushed in there using a funnel and straw. I then glued on felt ears and crocheted 21 lime green (the main colour in my classroom) scarves. After I had glued the scarves on (with a hot glue gun), I drew the black patches for the eyes, the nose and the mouth. The eyes were glued on last. I also wrote the year on the bottom of each one.
During our gift exchange in class, I gave each student their own Manda Panda ornament. They were thrilled and so careful with them. I look forward to making these for next year's students!